Supervisor/Assistant Manager, Business Solutions Group - Kent
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We are looking for a Supervisor/Assistant Manager to join our expanding Business Solutions Group based in our Maidstone office.
- Assist with the review of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of more complex year end accounts.
- Preparation of corporate tax returns and ad-hoc advice as supported by our tax team.
- Knowledge and experience in bookkeeping, Company secretarial services, VAT returns and management accounts.
- Client relationship building and maintenance of client portfolio.
- Assisting, mentor and train others in the department.
- Assisting with the managing of the department.
- Monthly billing and managing WIP reports.
- Being up to date with technical knowledge and changes in the accountancy profession, driving best practice in the team and ensuring the team continues to develop.
- Monitoring and adhering to deadlines, ensuring client work is completed in line with client expectations.
- Liaising with the other departments in the firm and having awareness services on offer.
- At least one year ACCA/ACA qualified.
- A good working knowledge of IRIS, Sage, Xero and Caseware – training will be provided where required.
- Ability to multitask, work to deadlines, be efficient, organised, a good team player, approachable, confident, professional and IT competent (Excel, Word).
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.