Revenue Controller | AFET | Dubai, UAE
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.JOB PURPOSE:
As a key member of the Finance team, to facilitate smoother functioning of the Revenue Control processes, ensuring timely and accurate creation, modification and closure of jobs, issuance of tax compliant invoices and credit notes, liaising with internal and external auditors, and ensuing timely monthly closures.
- Job Creation, Job Modification & Job Closure in SAP - Creation of Jobs (Projects, AMCs, Casual and Sales) in timely manner with accuracy upon scrutiny of supporting documents provided by business as per SOP with proper checklist.
- Revenue Recognition & Customer Billing - Monthly Revenue recognition as per IFRS 15 (or any later standard) / Issuing of Invoices and Credit Notes in full compliance with VAT requirements.
- Manhours Posting in SAP - Monthly manhours data verification from timesheets and posting into the respective jobs.
Reporting & Reconciliation:
- Timely & accurate reporting on performance of various business activities: P&L, Monthly Jobs Performance reports, Projects Flash, Exceptions report, Job log, Daily Sales;
- Review of balance sheet assets resulting from revenue recognition (AR, Retention, Contract Assets and Contract Liabilities) and maintaining Certification Tracker, and Control Accounts reconciliation.
- Manhours tracker and reconciliation
- Reconciliation of Casual Jobs & AMCs performance reports with P&L
- Governance & Risks reporting
- Ad hoc Reports
- Liaising with Internal and External auditors – timely responses to audit queries and requirements.
- Compliance with DOAs - Strict Adherence to DOAs for revenue control processes.
- Coordination with Shared Services and other business stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA);
- Qualification (American CPA or international ACCA) is a plus; and
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems is necessary, preferably in SAP.
- 5 years in an operational finance position, preferably in contracting industry.
- Position requires strong functional skills, analytical skills and business acumen;
- Strong knowledge of International Accounting Standards & IFRS; and
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint).
- Strong Leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptiveness to change and willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.