Financial Reporting, Officer
This position offers a senior management role with a focus on key areas such as client and auditor management, technical expertise on financial reporting related matters, staff management and development and general management of ad hoc tasks, as required. You will be responsible for the management of the financial statement preparation process, oversight of the annual audit process and will be the key point of contact for clients and auditors. Reporting to an Assistant Vice President, this position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in Financial Reporting, the leading fund administrator in Ireland with opportunity to progress your career within State Street.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, financial reporting and fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Officer you will:
- Help lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues.
- Manage the operations of the core financial reporting team assigned to you within the department.
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiate and oversee tasks with a view to continuous improvement to ensure that the department is as efficient as possible.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise. Provide advice to our clients, demonstrating sound technical judgement, an understanding of the business together with the overall client relationship.
- Attract, develop, engage and retain employees using available resources.
- Ensure appropriate skills training is in place and team members complete the necessary skills training requirements.
- Create an environment that is flexible/adaptable/able to change. Initiate and successfully implement department performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Provide senior manager review on audited annual and unaudited interim accounts for your clients.
- Ensure you and your team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Collaborate with staff in Ireland and the outsourced service provider to drive success of the department.
- Deal with complex issues on audits as they arise.
- Perform other duties as required.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in managing a number teams / people.
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, Irish GAAP, UK GAAP, US GAAP).
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (eg. excel, word, power point).
- Up to date on all technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and auditors at all levels.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience in managing audit of company / trust accounts in a team environment
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Seek responsibility.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
Ideally, a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree and having a number of years’ related experience in a similar environment including previous experience managing staff in a similar financial reporting environment preferably within the funds industry.
- Good initiative
- Multi-tasking ability
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Strong inter-personal skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.