Team Lead, Fund Acctng
The Unitized Valuation and Reporting Services (UVRS) department is a growth department within the Northern Trust Global Fund Services Practice. The UVRS group provides daily valuation of Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and other large Institutional clients. In addition, UVRS provides annual reporting statements to clients and their auditors.
Summary of Role:
The Institutional Fund Accounting Team Leader will work with the team’s Accounting Manager to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the Client’s Daily NAVs and Annual reporting. The Team Leader will also have direct reports providing career coaching and performance expectations.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Supervisory role in the performance of Fund Accounting related activities.
- Reviews and manages the daily valuation NAV production cycle for assigned clients and team members
- Ensure monthly / annual reporting deliverables including 5500’s supplemental reports are delivered timely.
- Values and reconciles client’s valuation including Mutual Funds and Separately Managed fixed, equity or derivative asset holdings.
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence of strong operations knowledge including secondary review & controls, risks & mitigation
- Conducts performance management and career development reviews for staff.
- Support the implementation of business plans and/or processes changes
- 3 or more years of experience within Institutional Fund Accounting, 401K Valuations, Mutual Fund Valuation and/or Investment Operation.
- Experience at Technical Coordinator/Checker level for creations of daily NAVs a plus
- Knowledge of FIS Global Invest One Accounting Application, Bloomberg, and Microsoft 365 applications
- A College or University degree and / or relevant work experience is required
- Flexible, team player, and ability to work under pressure in a daily environment
- Security Valuation and Industry knowledge a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.