Remote - Plant Controller
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you´ll work
This multi-site Plant Controller role is primarily remote with focus on the Commerce, CA plant the first 6 months reporting to the Taste Performance Director. The Plant Controller is a key person in the management of plant profitability through the control of Operations and Supply Chain activities, which are monitored at plant, product, and work center level.
What you'll do
- Lead and support the Operations Accounting function for the Kerry plant(s).
- Advance a culture of cost consciousness and cost awareness in the plant(s).
- Provide relevant, accurate, and timely information to management for decision making.
- Develop strong business relationships.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Decision Making Support
- Budgeting / Forecasting / Planning
- Capital / Strategic Project Analysis
- Inventory Management Analysis
- Process Costing
- Completion of Monthly Reporting Pack for each plant
- Direct Allocated Cost Analysis versus Budget / Target
- Indirect Cost Analysis versus Budget / Target
- Inventory Measurement versus Budget / Target
- Accelerate (Profit Improvement Plan) Reporting
- Capital Projects Performance
- Turnover of AP Open Text cases on a timely basis for the plant as a whole
What you´ll need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (preference) or comparable experience within a manufacturing environment
- Performance based measurement Improvement and standardization of processes
- Consolidation of information Decision making support (capital evaluation and strategy)
- Control and risk management (mainly of stock or inventory)
- Information management (streamlining processes and knowledge)
- Introduce and lead least cost manufacturing and profit improvement programs
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work through and with diverse personalities while being tactful and mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive (particularly with other managers).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff while maintaining an environment conducive to working.
- Good business acumen.
- System savvy with strong PC skills, particularly with Excel, ERP and Accounting systems.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.