Tax - Senior Associate - Business Process Solution
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Foster inclusion
- Take care of each other
Collaborate for measurable impact:
As Senior Associate in the BPS team, you will be responsible to manage all the assigned tasks of the relevant function (E.g. Payroll, Accounting, Corporate Entity Management, VAT Compliance Services, and Finance) of the client to ensure smooth and efficient processing of the client deliverables. Highly efficient, effective and challenge driven professional with strong business/finance acumen and ability to be involved in all stages of processing right up to finalization stage.
During your tenure in Business Process Solutions, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas (on the basis of the sub-service line you're going to be assigned to):
- Ensure execution of the day to day book keeping and other accounting work for the clients (i.e. preparing vouchers of all the daily financial transactions, bills, invoice, payment, receivables and entering them in ERP)
- Responsible for review and ensuring timely and accurate accounting entries for clients.
- Review accounting controls to ensure that they are maintained by following policies and procedures complying with regional legal requirements.
- Understanding of VAT domestic laws and element of the VAT return.
- Codification and classification of the transaction and understanding of post filing activities.
- Review of VAT returns prepared by the Business Analyst/Associate.
- Review collation and processing of Payroll & Claims pay-outs by the Business Analyst/Associate.
- Ensure monthly maintenance of payroll schedules and updating of HR requests from clients.
- Supports the smooth and efficient running of the relevant department.
- Review the Travel and Expense process for internal office and clients prepared by the Business Analyst/ Associate.
- Interaction with banks and reconciles primary and subsidiary bank accounts.
- Review of Documents/Voucher's & acknowledgements of payment.
- Support Admin Assistant in Client Billing and Receivables.
- Preparation and review of Bank upload file for payment disbursement.
- Review of Management Reports prepared by the Business Analyst/Associate.
- Review of relevant service delivery packages.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Management.
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- 3-5 years of general experience.Experience with a Big 4 firm or multinational company is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Accounting, Finance, Management or other related areas.
- Qualification Certification is an added advantage
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.3)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.