Accounting & Finance Manager
The Finance Manager, manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting functions, tax and other business partnering functions. Coordinates timely preparation of financial statements, ensures accuracy and timeliness of audit schedules, is accountable for some key FP&A activities and monitors internal controls for these companies.
- Supervises activities of Accountant & Tax team, and leads preparation of standardized and consolidated financial statements
- Manage and comply with local, state and Central Bank reporting requirements.
- Supervise Tax estimates and tax submission to the Tax and other government authorities. Ensure tax schedules are completed on time for tax agent and tax computation for tax agent to check for compliance to Tax and banking requirements.
- Responsible for year-end closing and liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual financial audit and liaising with BOI on any requirements related to tax incentive.
- Assist in determining continuing compliance with all relevant law and regulations.
- Obtaining, maintaining and managing the complete financial reporting and recordings.
- Ensures the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting reports.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls (SOX compliance) , including but not limited to contract compliance and journal entry approvals.
- Plans, directs, organizes and schedules the activities of one or more specialized accounting functions.
- Coordinates IT testing of systems and validates information from interfaces.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of special statistical reports, surveys, CAPEX assessments and financial analyses. Analysis of financial data of investment project, payback and return on investment.
- Analyze and interpret operational and accounting data as to explain variations and trends in relation to previous periods, budgets and forecasts.
- Partners with customer facing and operational teams and is responsible for financial profitability of assigned customers and cost management of assigned areas.
- Responsible for performing IFRS15 quarter end package and reporting, and adherence to other IFRS standards
- Responsible for inventory management at the site
- Handling ad-hoc matters/ projects assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Financial disciplines
- Professional accounting or financial qualification
- 8 – 10 years of experience in Accounting, Tax/ 3-5 years with experience in business partnership in a supervisory role.
- Familiarity with ERP system, SAP will be advantageous.
- Familiarity to work in multinational company will be required.
- Candidates from manufacturing background strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounting (MFRS/IFRS/USGAAP) Tax, Treasury activities and SOX.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, willing to take unpopular position based on fact finding and logical reasoning, as well as provide unbiased recommendations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in fast pace culture
Pragmatic, hands-on, flexible and adaptable to change, continuously driven to challenge and improve, self-starter.