Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions Senior - FAAS
This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton and also with key people from our multinational client base. This role has openings in both Cork and Dublin.
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
This is a cross sector offering and therefore, the candidate can have experience working in either a corporate and financial services environment.
- delivery of international accounting and tax compliance projects across multiple jurisdictions, namely France, Germany and Spain, as well as other jurisdictions across EMEA, APAC and LATAM;
- manage the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously ensuring quality and timely completion within budget;
- develop country specific technical knowledge and prepare accounting papers and training material for both clients and other team members;
- develop and maintain key relationships with other GT member firms project teams to ensure the seamless delivery of international accounting and tax projects;
- maintain current knowledge of international accounting and tax developments and regulations to assist in keeping clients up to date of any regulatory changes;
- assist in maintaining key client relationships locally and internationally; and contribute to the overall expansion of the team.
Skills and attributes:
- part-qualified or newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification);
- robust technical accounting and project management skills;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- proactive and capable of working on our own initiative;
- ability to work within tight deadlines and meet all statutory filing deadlines;
- ability to prepare financial statements to a high standard and complete proof checks and disclosure checklists, with great attention to detail, for review by more senior members of the team and client;
- motivated self-starter with the desire to join a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team;
- desire to broaden international experience through working on projects with and advising companies across a number of jurisdictions in EMEA, APAC and Americas;
- language fluency in one or more of the following European languages is desirable: German, French or Spanish; other European languages a benefit but not essential;
- knowledge of German GAAP, French GAAP and/or Spanish GAAP is a benefit but not essential;
- previous experience of working with MNC’s an advantage but not a requirement, this could be in an industry or practice setting;
- commercial/business awareness; and
- a passion for client service.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.