Mumbai, Investor Services - Associate/Sr.Associate
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Designation: Associate/Senior Associate
Morgan Stanley Fund Services is committed to providing the highest standard of services to the funds that we administer. Investor Services lies at the heart of this commitment.
The global Investor Services team is charged with providing a best in class service to both our clients and their investors. The Advantage Services team plays a key role in meeting this goal by providing support services to our Onshore processing centre in Westchester and our Offshore processing centre in Dublin.
MSAS play a key role in the initial processing of investor information. This includes:
- The distribution of Offering Memorandum to potential investors.
- The receipt and review of completed subscription documentation. This includes:
- Completion of initial AML review.
- Initial review of subscription documentation for completeness.
- Email communication to investors seeking additional information where required.
- Email communication to investors in response to routine queries.
- The receipt and review of other investor transactions (Redemptions, transfers, etc)
- The setup on investor accounts on the firm’s systems.
- The entry of investor transactions into the firm’s systems.
- The automated distribution of statements and other correspondence to investors.
The role of an Associate is key to the delivery of these services.
Responsibilities of an Associate include:
- Providing day-to-day investor services to both the Fund Manager and the investors in the fund.
- Processing investor activity with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keeping line management appraised of operational issues..
- Providing an effective daily hand over of processing between Mumbai and the other processing centres, currently in Westchester and Dublin.
- Participate in global projects including system enhancements and data conversions.
- Monitor the receipt of client and investor information through fax and email.
- Ensure that all investor activity is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Open new investor accounts ensuring compliance with the fund documentation, anti-money laundering requirements, statutory regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Process investor transactions in line with the fund documentation, anti-money laundering requirements, statutory regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all follow up queries to investors are handled in an appropriate manner.
- Handle routine email and fax queries from investors and fund managers in a professional and prompt manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Provide investors and their nominees with statements, contract notes and other documentation.
- Produce MIS and other internal operational reports that assist in the effective operation of the team.
- Ensuring that the records of the fund are maintained in a complete and organised manner.
- Keep management in Mumbai, Westchester and Dublin appraised of operational issues.
- All of the above should be carried out in compliance with the Service Level Agreements agreed with each client.
Investor servicing requires compliance with a range of policies. The Associate should have:
- A detailed knowledge of the offering documentation for the funds being serviced.
- A thorough knowledge of the regulations that pertain to the domicile of the fund being serviced.
- A thorough knowledge of our internal policies and procedures. Particular emphasis is required on all matters relating to Anti-Money laundering controls.
A number of years prior work experience – preferably in financial services and with Investor servicing. Knowledge of hedge fund processing is a strong advantage.
- Good administrative and organisational skills with a particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased work loads at month-end.
- An ability to work as part of a virtual team that is spread across different time zones and geographies.
- An ability to use key financial systems and other IT tools.
- A third level qualification – preferably in a business or numerical discipline