Financial Controller - 12 Month FTC
Kerry employees are problem solvers. We seek innovative ideas to drive business growth and create new opportunities to nourish the planet's growing population through responsible, sustainable, and ethical practices.
Our expertise and offerings now include the customisation and production of ingredients, flavours and technologies across the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry.
All day, every day, we draw on our values of commitment, teamwork, excellence, entrepreneurship, and value creation as we partner with other industry leaders to bring better food, beverage, and pharma products to consumers around the world.
About the role:
Kerry Global Business Services (GBS) ensures that the business financial processes are efficient and consistent through handling incoming and outgoing invoices for the sites. The teams work with site colleagues and vendors and consists of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, HR Operations and Payroll.
The GBS teams based in our Global Technology and Innovation Centre in Naas, Co. Kildare manage general ledger and Consolidation activities for Foods and Primary Dairy. It is an evolving team which encourages continuous improvement and people development.
Reporting to the Europe RTR Lead, you will be an integral part of the Foods Financial Control team in Ireland, producing key financial information for the business in an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate can work remotely from a base in Ireland but would be expected to travel to our offices in Naas, Co. Kildare when needed.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract role.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts (SAP & BPC/BPM), including analysis of accounts, journal postings, balance sheet reconciliations and other month end processing
- Ability to take new processes and flows, identify key elements and develop and implement plans for managing and controlling
- Support in the improvement of processes and practices across company
- Work with AR/AP shared service centre to obtain comfort around balance sheet items in their control
- Co-ordinate the posting of cross regional statutory accounting journals, working closely with tax team
- Perform detailed monthly overhead reconciliations and management of within division recharges
- Work closely with other Foods sites to aid clean month end close on key balances
- GL point of contact for the Finance Business Partners for your Sites
- Manage interim and year end audit, including preparation of year end audit file, liaising with audit team and preparation of year end group reporting
- Assist all company stakeholders with any technical queries which may arise
- Assist in the reporting of Projections/Budgets.
- Assist the RTR Lead on ad hoc projects as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Fully qualified Financial Accountant (CIMA)
- 3+ years’ experience post- training ideally within food manufacturing industry
- Strong overhead reporting and analysis skills- ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Extremely strong technical accounting skills with high level of attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP and BPC
- Management of a Team(s)
- Capable of demonstrating leadership skills in previous role
- Previous Controller experience strongly preferred
- Good communication skills
- Business Partnering experience
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
Ability to add value by proactively identifying potential opportunities or issues and assist in the implementation of both process and performance improvement.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.