SaT - Transaction Strategy Execution, Senior Associate
Our Strategy and Transaction (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Lead Advisory, Transaction Diligence, Valuation Modelling & Economics, EY Parthenon (Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy and Transaction Strategy & Execution)
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Transaction Strategy & Execution team in SaT focuses on addressing C-suite agenda in Strategy, Commercial Due Diligence, Integration, Divestments and Value Creation. The team work on complex and high-profile transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors, assisting the clients to identify, capture and protect value in their transactions. As a member of the team, you will be involved in the preparation and execution of separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
You will be part of a specialty group who facilitates identifying and capturing unlocked value in organizations triggered by overall performance, a transaction or other events. In addition, you will work with the broader team that facilitates the M&A integration/carve-out process, working with cross-functional teams of both the acquiring and acquired organizations.
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate/Senior Associate in the Transaction Strategy & Execution team, you are expected to:
- Work with teams of consultants and provide issue-based advice to clients ranging from strategy to commercial due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out and turnaround assignments playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement
- Gather and utilise relevant data to analyse information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations
- Support the leadership team in business development activities including the development of proposals and presentations
Skills and attributes for success
- Good analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Proficient in using MS Office
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree (an MBA degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 1 year (Associate level) / 3 years (Senior Associate level) of relevant experience, i.e. in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets or analytical work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professional certification (e.g. CFA)
- M&A transaction, management consulting and/or industry experience, ideally gained in a strategy consulting firm or a strategy department of a leading corporate
- Knowledge of building financial models
- Knowledge of data visualization and/or data analytics tools will be an added advantage
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.