Junior Business Manager – EMEA Investment Banking – Market Data Analyst
Department & Role Description
This role sits within Banking Business management. It is a new position at Associate level based in Poland focused on analysis of JPM’s market position as well as its competitors. The initial focus will be Dealogic submission, reconciliation, challenges but the scope may expand to cover additional providers. This role reports into a Senior Business Manager and will support the Senior Associate who oversees this process in London.
This role is ideal for someone who is analytical and inquisitive and looking for an entry into Banking Finance and Business management. Knowledge of market data providers is not a pre-requisite.
The successful candidate will support the capital markets (ECM & DCM) and M&A business in terms of league table submissions, queries, challenges and will therefore need to familiarise themselves with league table criteria and develop a good understanding for when league table apportionment looks over/under stated for a particular product or industry. The successful candidate will have an important profile which will necessitate working closely with senior bankers and developing a deep understanding of the products they cover.
They will also interact closely with league table providers to gather feedback on their criteria. He/she will therefore need to regularly meet the league table providers/attend forums/suggest changes to criteria where appropriate.
- Reconcile JPM booked fees on announced/priced deals to external league table deal level data
- Work with the business to ensure all eligible deals are submitted and appropriately credited in league tables
- Identify anomalies in league table attributions work with the providers to understand the reasons for the anomalies. Suggest alternatives where appropriate
- Face off to the business/senior bankers to either resolve issues identified or educate on why league table criteria have treated a deal in a particular way
- Work with league table providers to provide feedback on their models and ensure the league tables are representative of relative market performance
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background
- Excellent numeracy skills. Strong spreadsheet skills preferred
- Understanding of Investment Banking and Corporate Finance products (particularly bonds and loans) preferred
- Team player
- Strong communication and analytical skills, being able to communicate to senior front office resources at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management and problem solving; flexible, multi-tasking and ability to prioritize requests
- Energetic, self motivated and effective under pressure. Work well individually and with teams.
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.