Senior Consultant - Finance EPM
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant with a delivery track record in EPM who is able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes, for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with a variety of UK clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance Business Consulting team you will working alongside management in delivering large scale EPM implementations as well as offering valuable insights and advice to clients to support them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will also support business and practice development of the CFOA team. You will be a trusted business advisor to our clients delivering across the ERP space.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the management in the delivery of large end to end EPM implementation projects including requirement gathering, solution design and build, oversight of testing, business readiness, training material preparation through to go-live and post go-live support
- Supporting the translation of clients technical and accounting requirements to application configuration in the Enterprise Planning & Budgeting, Financial Consolidation and Close and Cost spectrum
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with clients as part of project delivery roles, including partnering with key engagement stakeholders to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals
- Supporting the implementation of business readiness and post-implementation support as per client’s changing requirements post go-live
- Lead onshore and offshore delivery teams including reviewing / challenging outputs produced by team members
- Support the financial management of client engagements
- Develop strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all EY offerings to clients
- Leading business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Support the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
- Grasp and understand the detailed project scope to be delivered and escalate if there are requests to deliver outside this scope
- Strong consultancy skills including consulting experience with blue-chip companies engaging with Senior Management and Director/CIO level as appropriate for organization size
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation change role in industry
- Exposure to EPM programme delivery using the prevailing EPM cloud solutions (Oracle, Anaplan, Tagetik, Onestream, Adaptive Insights etc)
- Exposure or conceptual understanding of the EPM lifecycle (Planning, budgeting, forecast, Enterprise wide KPI & reporting framework, Profitability/cost analysis)
- Awareness of industry trends and leading vendors for EPM systems (Oracle, Anaplan, Tagetik, Onestream, Adaptive Insights etc)
- Ideally experience of an implementation lifecycle. A typical programme may include:
- Consolidation and Planning, Cost Allocation and MI project
- Product accounting solution implementation
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- Data warehousing and data management
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting project
EPM specific skills
- Ability to support in the definition and resolution of key EPM specific design decisions
- Provide insights and challenges for KPI reviews and data visualisation
- Exposure to Chart of Accounts & Data Model Design
- Understanding and appreciation of how to leverage Cloud and other emerging technologies
- Finance and accounting business process optimization
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
- Technical and programme management certification, where relevant.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.