GPS - Federal Subcontracts Lead, Assistant Director - DC Metro Area
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
This position is responsible for providing Subcontract management support for Federal Subcontracts. Reviews, solicitations, proposals, bids, Subcontract modifications, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and Subcontracting agreements. Performs reviews of Subcontracts and proposals for compliance with internal policies, procedures and Federal Acquisition Regulations and laws. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with Subcontract partners and internal stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
- Responsible for managing federal Subcontracts from inception through close out
- Assist in the design and implementation of the Procurement Manual and Purchasing System
- Responsible for the Subcontract RFP reviews for compliance and risk assessments
- Review and approve subcontract packages to ensure compliance with CPSR, Procurement Manual and Purchasing System requirements
- Responsible for reviewing subcontract proposals for Government and internal policy compliance as well as drafting risk mitigation language
- Works closely with internal and external general counsel office on legal issues and concerns
- Develops recommendations for process changes and enhancements to improve efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring Subcontracts are compliant with firm policies and procedures, as well as federal acquisition regulations (FAR) and reporting requirements.
- Reviews Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), subcontracts and Subcontract Requests for Proposals
- Monitors and evaluates changing federal Subcontract requirements and industry trends and make recommendations/ modifications to policies/procedures as needed
- Identifies Subcontract risks and issues, provides solutions, and recommends actions
- Develops and integrates Subcontract management tools, templates, methods, and processes for engagements
- Works with Finance, Contracts and Business Teams to ensure proper Subcontract value, funded value, timekeeping, billing, and any other financial requirements are in compliance with internal policies and Government requirements
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience managing cost type subcontracts
- Experience and knowledge of CPSR, Procurement Manuals and Purchasing Systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Subcontract concepts and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and General Services Administration Acquisition Regulation (GSAR)
- Knowledge and experience with GSA schedules
- Ability to lead projects and firm initiatives
- Ability to learn and apply of firm policies and procedures quickly
- Experienced with project management and managing complex multiple projects
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to adjust quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills in MS Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as the ability to learn new computer applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Federal Subcontract Management
- Ability obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance
Ideally, you’ll have
- Subcontract Management Certifications
- Experience in the design and implementation of a Subcontracts procurement system
Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.