Analyst - Product Finance
See yourself in our team
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
Providing business performance information, financial analysis and advice on the Unsecured Lending product portfolio to support operational and strategic decisions. The team primarily provides this financial support for the Credit Cards & Personal Lending businesses & Leadership teams, GM Retail Products and the RBS CFO, however other stakeholders are also managed.
This role is a key position in the Unsecured Lending finance team providing crucial financial management reporting to the business and wider finance team.
This is a 12-months secondment for an internal candidate, or a 12-months maximum term contract for an external candidate.
Do work that matters:
- Preparation and input into the monthly performance reporting for designated product portfolio/s, including financial control deliverables and continual improvement of reports
- Ongoing forecast and budget preparation for Credit Cards portfolio and others when required, providing driver based analysis to management and variance analysis
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and input required by key stakeholders (e.g. CFO, GM Finance, EGM product, GM product) including information for the profit announcement/ analyst briefings
- Assist with regular financial and business analysis of the product portfolio, including insights on business drivers, market dynamics and the competitive landscape where relevant
- Assist in providing financial input on business assumptions for investment initiatives, product launches and major business decisions ensuring financial rigour is consistently applied
- Assist with managing scheme & interchange arrangements of external scheme providers
- Contribute to the enhancement of financial controls and other processes embedded within team deliverables and where relevant promote simplification and cross-skilling across the RBS Retail Product team
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Strong experience in a financial performance management (monthly management reporting/ forecasting)
- High level proficiency in financial modelling and trend analysis
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong team work capabilities / management of group tasks
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 03/01/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.