Prudential Manager - Liquidity Risk Specialist - FS Advisory
Prudential Manager - Liquidity Risk Specialist - FS Advisory
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Specialist Liquidity Risk Manager in the Financial Services Advisory (Prudential) team where you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects relating to market and liquidity risk such as ILAAP reviews, LCR/PRA110 regulatory reporting reviews, liquidity optimisation, impact assessment of market risk calculations/Pillar 2 market risk and assessing interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB).
Our projects are typically structured as internal audit reviews, s166 skilled person reviews and other external reviews requested by our clients. We also work closely with other BDO teams such as Corporate Finance, Forensics and Tax.
The client base you will work on will be diverse both in terms of size, complexity, jurisdiction and culture. Some of the liquidity work is focussed on supporting specialist, international and SME banks (including several challenger banks) along with assisting investment firms (such as broker dealers, platforms and asset managers) with the market/liquidity risk aspects of the new IFPR regulation.
The market and liquidity Manager role involves leading the planning of assignments and organising the delivery of the work, directly leading more complex assignments within your specialism and supervising a developing more junior team members. It may also involve running overall assurance, advisory or internal audit engagements. You will play an important role in developing and maintaining deep client relationships and in developing members of the BDO team. You will have the opportunity to further develop specialist sub sector, technical and regulatory knowledge and be involved in both business and team development. You'll also;
- Providing liquidity and market risk subject matter expert input to the financial services advisory team on regulatory reporting and prudential risk including technical updates, support in planning discussions and issue resolution and training of staff
- Managing liquidity and market risk regulatory assignments for Financial Services clients (including internal audit), including planning, organisation of resources and review within your specialism
- Creating, managing and delivering internal regulatory assurance reviews within your specialism and making value-add recommendations to senior management
- Supporting the Partner and Director to develop and deliver the prudential liquidity/market risk strategy
- Leading relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
To be a successful in this role you will need will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant hands on experience working on liquidity and market risk projects (i.e. LCR, ILAAP, BIPRU 12, IRRBB, Treasury Management) either in a financial services business (i.e. treasury or regulatory teams) or in a consulting firms.
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Services sector and the UK regulatory environment generally and have significant depth of knowledge in your area of specialism. This includes detailed knowledge of the CRR, IFPR and BIPRU 12.
- Have undertaken a range of advisory assignments and have an understanding of review methodologies and techniques including assignment planning. Alternatively, delivered similar change projects (i.e. PRA110) in a financial institution.
- Recognised accountancy or internal audit professional qualifications and/or memberships i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA etc or relevant qualifications for your specialism.
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead, engage, and manage stakeholders
- Ability to lead complex reviews and be a team player
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in undertaking advisory and assurance reviews in your area of specialism (or delivering similar projects in the industry).
- Functional knowledge of the UK regulatory environment with deeper knowledge of some Financial Services sub sectors and the risks that they face. Deep knowledge of the CRR, IFPR and BIPRU 12.
- Understanding of risk management and internal control
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
- Strong project management skills and a track record of successful delivery
- Expertise in leading teams successfully
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- private medical;
- cash allowance;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.