Costing and Pricing Architect Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate development, finance operations, investment banking, venture capital or SaaS / Cloud / Big-data product / service commercialization.
- Experience working with and challenging the “status quo” of initiatives related to the monetization and commercialization of products, services, solutions and transactions.
- Experience in interpretation of voice-of-the customer data to design pricing and commercialization strategy.
- Experience in value-based pricing, value-based selling with consideration to client willingness to pay and an appreciation of competitiveness forces.
- Advanced messaging capabilities, particularly related to the conveyance of complex business issues and/or industry trends in a clear, concise and impactful style.
In today’s dynamic business-to-business marketplace, the continued convergence of people, processes and technology-enabled delivery creates a demand for evolved monetization and commercialization techniques. In this environment, knowledgeable pricing professionals have become fundamental to growth by enabling fit-for-purpose monetization approaches that extract greater value, respond with agility to volatility and deliver increased returns to the bottom-line. To achieve these new fundememtals, talented individuals with a mastery of technical and human capabilities are required - to fuse data driven insights with an agile, collaborative, test-and-learn culture.
We are a seeking an innovative individual with technical expertise in costing, pricing, monetization and commercialization design and execution to join the Americas Strategic Deals Team as a Costing & Pricing Architect. You will collaborate cross-Service Line with pursuit team members to build competitive, differentiated value propositions for EY’s most complex opportunities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the monetization and commercialization approach for EY’s products, services, solutions and transactions. This includes working closely with Solution design experts to determine EY’s cost-to-serve and ensuring adequate profitability and value share amongst the opportunity ecosystem. You will contribute to the development of people, capability, reusable tools and pricing assets, and the embedding of commercial best practice, processes, knowledge and behaviours within the firm.
- Provide strategic and tactical monetization and commercial guidance and support to pursuit teams and senior leaders for commercially complex opportunities.
- Collaborate with Solution Architecture experts to determine and document the cost-to-serve of products, solutions, services and transactions – including the development of data-based cost optimization analysis and insights.
- Design and implement fit-for-purpose monetization and commercial approaches – including the setting of price point(s) and design of commercial constructs for EY’s products, solutions, services and transactions.
- Analyse the likely financial success and alignment of deals with long term strategic plans and ensuring strong ROI on all investments.
- Influence senior leadership’s capital allocation decision-making by presenting and facilitating review/approval of all facets of EY’s economic business case.
- Construct compelling commercial propositions that align to client economic buyer values, minimize EY’s risk exposure and deliver the targeted return for EY.
- Identify and contribute to the management of key risks – working closely with the Pursuit Leadership, Solution Architecture, Commercial, Legal, Negotiation, Risk Management and Independence stakeholders.
- Support the transfer of the pricing knowledge to delivery teams to ensure the ongoing management of the commercial aspects of contracts.
- Act as a thought partner to EY leadership, helping the business explore and understand opportunities to grow commercial returns from new and existing service offerings, developing progressive pricing strategies for new product and service propositions and offerings.
The job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time, on request
EY maintains a flexible working policy however, the role is primarily based in EY’s US offices. Travel within the US and abroad may be necessary and flexibility is required to meet the demands of the role.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs..
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" Button below.