Strategy and Transactions - EY Parthenon -Analytics - Senior Director - Multiple Locations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Hoboken, Jericho, Boston, McLean, Tampa, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
Transaction Strategy and Execution – Operational Analytics works on the most complex and high-profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans by solving business problems at the intersection of operations research and data science in a broad range of analytics disciplines, including:
- Operations decision support and scenario analysis
- Mathematical programming and statistical modelling
- Optimization, Forecasting and Simulation
- Big data integration and homogenization
- Business case development
- Risk assessment & remediation
- Transportation and logistics analytics
- Multi-echelon inventory optimization
- Network modelling and footprint optimization
- Sourcing, spend, and procurement analytics
- Discrete event and continuous flow simulation
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Director in Operational Analytics you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing operational focused projects supported by advanced analytics and insights. You'll execute and manage projects across all sectors and various operational functions, supporting our clients in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, operations research, industrial/systems engineering, business analytics or related data science and 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Experience in using data, programming and mathematical techniques to solve business issues related to supply chain optimization, operations effectiveness, cost transformation, working capital improvements and other types of operational improvements, (e.g., Machine Learning, AI).
- Prior experience with one of more advanced data mining tools (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, Alteryx), programming language (e.g. Python, R, Java), visualization application (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI), and decision modelling tool (e.g. SC Guru, JDA, SASS, AIMMS, GAMS, Arena).
- Working knowledge of data management, data structures and analytic models.
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience in strategy, operations research, supply chain, procurement and/or logistics roles
- PC proficiency including MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, VBA and MS Excel.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers & acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another consulting services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.