Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Services (Indirect Tax)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services Tax Group focuses on corporate tax consulting and compliance services for clients in the financial services industry, which encompasses banking & capital markets, insurance, and asset management. Our highly trained specialty team is equipped to provide solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
This is an opportunity to join the Financial Services Tax Group specialising in indirect tax.
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to be able to offer diverse investment products to their clients. Our market-leading approach combines a deep understanding of such businesses with our knowledge of local and international tax laws and tax policies, to create bespoke solutions. In Singapore, you have the opportunity to provide our clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that enables them to set up businesses and investment structures in the Asia-Pacific region with our support in the areas of direct and indirect tax advice, tax compliance, tax incentives and controversy management.
We are rapidly growing our indirect tax team in the Financial Services Tax Group and are looking for GST specialists who can deliver real-time insights, work directly with clients, and experience the challenge of being a trusted GST and business advisor. You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where you’ll have the freedom to innovate for clients and shape your career.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our Financial Services tax team, we’ll look to you for delivering value to our clients by developing innovative and integrated solutions to meet their growing needs. Providing a full range of services to clients including strategy and planning solutions and ideas as well as compliance services. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
You’ll be responsible for leading the successful delivery of GST engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence. You will be required to give professional advice, both written and in-person, on GST impact on clients’ supply chain and financial and accounting systems, as well as identifying and addressing areas of GST risk, advising clients on the GST implication of transactions and assist them in complying with GST regulations. Your role will also include building & maintaining relationships with our clients and helping people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strong understanding of Singapore’s GST policies in relation to financial services, covering wealth and asset management, insurance and banking sectors
- Sound technical knowledge of GST gained through advising on complex GST issues and establishing best practices
- Manage and coordinate indirect tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service
- Team with tax professionals in other sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services
- Oversee the compliance management process and adapt to challenges in the process
- Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture
- Ability to work on own initiatives whilst also working collaboratively as a team to deliver work on time with a high standard of quality, integrity, sense of urgency and attention to detail
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in finance or accounting; a CPA or other professional accounting qualification
- At least 6 years (for Manager) or 10 years (for Senior Manager) of relevant GST experience
- A good understanding of business and GST technical issues especially those relevant to the financial services sector, and the ability to transform these into value-added solutions for clients
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in an international or large public accounting firm or financial institution
- Relevant GST compliance, controversy and advisory experience gained from the financial services sector
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.