Implementation Business Analyst, AVP
Business analyst experienced in trade processing, accounting, with knowledge of OTC and cleared derivatives, is required to work within the DCOE project team. Required to perform detailed analysis of system and operational requirements, liaising with the business, technical and external parties. The successful candidate will manage a team to deliver State Streets DHUB strategic solution.
The successful candidate will be able to discuss business requirements in detail exhibiting a good understanding of financial products, project governance, business process. The BA will interface with Clients, operations, IT, Project Management, and other internal and external third party system owners. The candidate will be required to present and discuss business and technical issues and solutions.
- Establishing clear project governance.
- Directs efforts cross-functionally and uses good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support projects through their life cycle, with the emphasis on the analysis stage.
- Directs the gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating user meetings, interviewing users, and researching and resolving issues.
- Makes judgments on gathered analysis information, using flowcharting and other methodologies.
- Leads the analysis of current processes and recommends solutions and improved processes.
- May assume overall responsibility for and follow up of the project execution until the process is implemented.
- Leads and reviews draft detailed requirements and related documentation.
Monitors project planning and management by documenting and maintaining plans, managing issue logs and preparing project documentation.
- Utilize expert level of knowledge of implementation project and user needs.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of problems on the organization and facilitate collaboration to achieve resolutions.
- Communicates with client to ensures the effective use of the product and that client’s needs are met.
- Use a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams.
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Ensure effectiveness of daily operations. Recommends revised procedures and processes.
- Model and analyze business processes and assist the business in identifying ways to maximize operational efficiencies, quality and compliance.
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between users, developers, testers, and implementation specialists.
- May direct special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc.
- Product expert for Centre of excellence. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating models
- Develop and deliver training/coaching
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Subject matter expert for corporate committees and initiatives
- Exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyse and proactively resolve issues
- Resolve issues, make exceptions and prioritize actions
- Encourage suggestions for, and implementation of, continuous improvements to core products and services
- Help others adapt to new values, attitudes, norms and behaviours that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Minimum 5 years people management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business analyst or Derivatives SME
- Fund accounting background
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products strongly preferred
- MS Office Products
- Macro/VBA knowledge preferred
- Understanding of Change Management
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong Client Management skills
- Strong internal relationship management skills