OTC Onboarding Analyst, AVP
An analyst, experienced in Middle Office operating models and trade processing, and with in-depth knowledge of Derivatives, to work with clients and internal groups to deliver successful Onboardings of new clients. The candidate will demonstrate experience working with clients to understand their required operating model and with MO and BO derivatives teams to define detailed requirements and work alongside technical resources to deliver solutions. The candidate will be equally at ease discussing business and technical issues and will be able to lead solution discussions. The candidate will be required to present and discuss business and technical issues and solutions with the client and internal management.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As OTC Derivatives Onboarding Analyst you will be expected to:
- lead efforts cross-functionally to support clients throughout the onboarding process.
- drive the gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating discussions with clients, and researching and resolving issues
- make judgments on potential solutions for new processes or gaps and present these for decision.
- assume overall responsibility for project execution and direct other team members in their activities on specific topics
- lead the preparation and review of draft detailed requirements and related documentation.
- monitor project planning and management by documenting and maintaining plans, managing issue logs and preparing project documentation.
- participate in discussions around services and advises on the impact of these on the organization.
- communicate with client to ensure agreement around client-facing solutions and that client’s needs are met.
- model and analyze business processes and assist the business in identifying ways to maximize operational efficiencies, quality and compliance.
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- A good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies
- Use of a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams.
- A drive to continuously improve the effectiveness of daily operations including making recommendations to revise procedures and processes.
- Ability to document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Solid experience as a business analyst, MO manager or Derivatives SME
- In-depth knowledge of OTC Derivative products and lifecycle events strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or mathematical discipline preferred
- MS Office Products
- Macro/VBA knowledge beneficial
- Understanding of client onboarding
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills (English)
- Strong client management and internal relationship management skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.