Team Lead - Financial Reporting (NPort)
Who we are looking for:
This position will support the production and oversight process for SEC Form N-PORT and N-CEN filings. Manages a set of client relationships through all phases of implementation; including sales support, discovery, on-boarding, implementation and BAU support. Works closely with the Enterprise Servicing Platform (ESP) application support team and Agile technology labs to test and finalize the technology solution for these filings. Assists in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and checklist oversight procedures for the filing review process.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Setup Funds and Clients on ESP based reporting platform
- Participate in client implementation discussions and assist in managing client relationships through onboarding process
- Perform the production and review of NPORT and NCEN forms to the highest standard set by the department
- Complete internal reviews of NPORT and NCEN Filings
- Understand errors, perform root cause analysis, implement corrective actions and conduct sessions with the team
- Form Analysis & Interpretation – assist in documenting the detailed calculation approach for a standard baseline + any client variability.
- Perform detailed calculation testing and interact with client on results
- Work with ESP support team to integrate clientspecific and 3rd party data sources to ESP
- NPORT and NCEN Mock cycles and SEC live filings
- Respond to Client Comments through My State Street (MySS) portal
- Review Alerts/Exceptions and Publish form to Client workflow
- Assist with User Access Requests for MySS portal
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinates.
- Assist in designing checklist steps for 1st and 2nd level internal reviews
- Assist with Client training on MYSS portal
- Execute and track client specific onboarding plans
- Onboard additional funds and Clients to ESP tool
- Assist in maintenance of detailed onboarding plan documents
- Conducts periodic performance reviews, provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
- Encourage team and ensure his/her directs to become SME.
- Ensure adequate backup is there for all activities.
What we value:
- Strong understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures.
- Experience with Enterprise Servicing Platform (ESP), ability to perform SQL queries and/or database management.
- Strong people management skills will be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Advance knowledge on MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT)
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage high volumes.
- Committed to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve queries and escalate accordingly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peer
- Ability to drive change.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 6 to 8 years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.