Statutory Accountant, EY Finance Operations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Finance Operations is a fast growing, managed service team within EY providing book keeping, management accounts, corporate tax, VAT and statutory accounting functions for a wide range of clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the EY Finance Operations team delivering services to our clients.
The role is UK based and you will manage a team who work from a number of UK and wider global locations.
Location is flexible across the UK. Ideally you will be able to work from one of the following office locations: Belfast, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Bristol.
There will be some travel within the UK
Your key responsibilities
- Managing client relationships
- Attending client kick off meetings to establish new client engagements
- Collating client information to support the preparation of accounts
- Reviewing statutory accounts
- Supporting client audit requests
- Answering client queries
- Supporting management account activities as required including payment runs, journal posting, preparing quarter end VAT reports and creating month end workbooks.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for qualified accountants with experience in a professional service environment either in a managed services delivery or advisory capacity. Ideally with ACCA, CIMA or ACA. Other recognised accountancy qualifications will be considered.
To qualify for the role you must have
Knowledge and /or experience of the areas below which will support your responsibilities:
- Accounting standards
- Financial reporting software
Ideally, you’ll also
- Be inquisitive and analytical
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be IT literate and be receptive to new IT developments
- Be excited by new challenges and learning new skills
What we look for
- Strong communicators and team players.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.