Finance Analyst with Italian
The role will have a mix of deliverables between accounting and support to reporting activities. Analyst will ensure business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the standard global and/or statutory processes as well as Shell and external accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. He/she will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
- Fixed assets accounting activities for Italian non operated entity,
- Update of production, depreciation and reserves data based on information received from engineers,
- Update and sense check of Asset History Sheet,
- Perform review of assets under construction in cooperation with engineer and cost controller,
- Perform appropriate activities and postings for assets’ disposal and retirement,
- Support Group and Statutory reporting as well as preparation of Management Information,
- Perform appropriate adjustments within assets area for statutory purposes,
- Provide analysis and comments related to fixed assets for statutory financial statement,
- Calculation of fiscal depreciation,
- Keep updated master file with operators’ costs as per budgets, billings and cash calls from operators,
- Record entries within GL module in SAP and NextGen,
- Monthly review of manual journals posted directly into ERP,
- Perform Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations in Blackline tool,
- Check for time-writing completeness,
- Provide necessary reports for Value Erosion Review and Impairment exercises,
- Prepare documentation and analysis for auditors within the area of responsibility,
- Execute SOX controls, ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls over financial reporting within the area of responsibility,
- Initiate and lead process improvements within the area of responsibility,
- Comply with team, Shell Business Operations, process and global policies and procedures.
- university degree in Finance or Accounting,
- a very good understanding of the IFRS/GFRM, Local Accounting standards and NOV process,
- at least 2 years of experience in finance or accounting area,
- very good command of English,
- Italian language is a must,
- very good working knowledge of Word, Excel and MS Outlook,
- experience in using a major ERP system such as SAP,
- thorough understanding of the flow of data from the various systems is necessary,
- excellent communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills,
- strong stakeholder management and engagement skills are a must,
- ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.