Senior Consultant - Finance Regulatory Reporting/ Regulatory Technology Implementation Consultant
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant level consultant with a strong delivery track record in Regulatory Reporting and/or Regulatory Technology Implementation projects across Banking & Capital Markets. We are seeking people who can apply their Regulatory Reporting / Regulatory Reporting technology skills to deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices may also be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in working closely with Financial Services clients and assist senior management in managing engagement teams and providing valuable insights and advice to support clients. You will contribute to the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the delivery of large-scale Regulatory Reporting and/or Regulatory Technology implementation projects by assisting the project team, assessing engagement risks and driving conclusions.
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, helping manage EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients.
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships as part of project delivery roles.
- Support the financial management of client engagements.
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients and supporting proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals with senior management.
- Contributing to the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers.
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by fostering a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence.
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners.
- Comfortable with Regulatory Reporting in the context of Banking & Capital Markets clients (e.g. PRA, BoE, EBA Reporting Requirements).
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting technology solution implementation lifecycle preferred.
- Proven ability to apply Regulatory Reporting expertise across engagement and practice teams.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment.
- Able to display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation.
- Takes personal responsibility for their quality of delivery.
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture.
- Comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools.
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience in Regulatory Reporting (e.g. CoRep, FinRep, PRA 110, BoE statistical reports and other UK and EBA regulatory reports), including experience with local Regulatory Reports in other jurisdictions is also desirable.
- Experience of working as part of a team implementing Regulatory Reporting Solutions (e.g. Axiom SL, Vermeg, Wolters Klewer Moody’s etc) preferred.
- Supporting the delivery of detailed requirements documentation and experience in all stages of project life cycle, including analysis, design, build and test support and implementation preferred.
- Experience of working in Consulting, Financial Services industry or Technology industry.
- Experience working on regulatory change programmes.
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in accounting, business, computer science or a related discipline desirable but not compulsory.
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be desirable, but not essential.
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.