Audit Operations Analyst
We currently have an opening for Audit Operations Analyst to join our Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI) team.
The purpose of the SIAI team is to deliver Independent, Courageous and Actionable insights that assures Shell sustainably delivers the World Class Investment Case, upholds a strong Societal License to Operate and Thrives in the Energy Transition.
The purpose of the Operations Team is to provide internal operational support to allow SIAI to operate in most effective and efficient way. These support activities include scheduling of engagement teams, provisioning of SIAI Management information, supporting the annual planning process including reporting to the Board and committees, coordination and administration of our Global Helpline and supporting systems and tools that are specific to our processes.
Every Operations Analyst will focus on the provision of several key operational support activities but is expected to provide coverage and adequate backup for the other support activities if and when needed.
The Operations Analyst (planning and scheduling) supports the following key activities:
- The annual Audit & Investigations planning process, which is owned and facilitated by the Professional Practices team
- Scheduling of SIAI resources and business Subject Matter Experts to ensure an optimum mix of skills and competencies is available within each engagement teams
- On and Offboarding of SIAI resources and SME’s if and when required and provide operational support for SIAI specific training courses
Key accountabilities of the Operations Analyst include:
- Support the Annual Audit & Investigation Planning focal points with complete and accurate planning data
- Create and provide concise management information throughout the planning process towards SIAI LT
- Maintain a clear audit trail in MetricStream tool supporting all material changes to the original (approved) plan
- Safeguard and work closely together with the scheduling focal points across the organisation to ensure that key scheduling data (e.g. skills and competencies required for each engagement, staff profiles etc) is kept evergreen in MetricStream
- Facilitate and manage the scheduling of global / virtual engagement teams (including Subject Matter Experts), with scheduling focal points across the organisation, recognizing the agreed criteria and constraints
- Facilitate and drive the alignment process with the Audit and Investigation (General) Managers to land on potential scheduling conflicts
- Manage the relationship with co-source partners (mainly Big Four like Deloitte, KPMG etc) in order to get the right quality of resources at the right time
- Create and provide concise scheduling MI to the wider organisation using standard MetricStream reporting or via dedicated reports
- Conduct on- / off boarding of SIAI staff and temporary Subject Matter Experts e.g. physical and IT access, laptop, phone, distribution lists etc
- Work closely together with the Professional Practices team and the Management Assistants to provide operational training support
What we need from you:
The incumbent must have very good interpersonal skills, be able to communicate and influence effectively across different levels (usually more senior) in the organisation, have a pro-active and problem-solving mindset and be able to work in a virtual environment.
Prior experience in scheduling activities (e.g. logistics, staff planning, marine jetty or transport schedulers) is crucial.
- Experienced in delivering small projects
- Experienced in operational delivery and continuous improvement
- Experienced working across businesses and functions and across cultures and geographies
- Delivering results through others under time pressure and juggling many deadlines and competing interests
- Influencing and communication skills (written, oral, presentation, interpersonal) that are effective in diverse business cultures
- Good planning and organizing skills, able to manage multiple priorities and tasks and have an eye for detail
- Experience with MS Excel and /or other reporting tools
- Self-motivated and keen to learn from new and/or challenging experience
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.