Asset Owner Service - Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
The role is within SSGS Asset owners Institutional investors services (IIS). The successful candidate will contribute to the team’s success by having responsibility for managing the clients, internal stake holders, JV partners. The role involves strong external & internal engagement and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met with 100% accuracy along with analytically strong background
The team you will be joining is will be responsible for the client services & Client delivery management roles for fund accounting and custody services we offer our clients.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
- Train, develop and motivate new staff
- Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Client focus: – Act as a focal point of contact to maintain strong client relationship; actively participate in client meetings, and ensure team responds to client inquiries.
- Leadership Focus – Leverage experience and technical expertise to support peers globally by providing guidance and training, and fully support and participate in all aspects of employee engagement.
- Operational Efficiency Focus: Actively participate in an efficient and effective global operating model, collaborating with peers globally, and using standard technology, best practices, and optimal functions.
- Performance Focus: Provide excellent service to clients through a results-oriented mindset
- Quality & Risk Focus: Understand and minimize risk through adhering to standard and client specific operating procedures and through broad participation in the global training program. Focus on qualitative work, attention to detail with a thorough understanding of business impact and ways to minimize risk.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- At least 1 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with global stakeholders and possess exceptional ability to prioritize work priorities.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the initiative and capability to collaborate with a diverse stakeholder base to deliver timely and high quality output
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.