Financial Planner - Oxford
Financial Planners – Oxford
Are you looking to work for an outstanding IFA practice, providing advice to clients that can really make a difference to their lives?
If so, we could have the perfect role for you. We are Shaw Gibbs, a leading independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London’s West End. Due to rapid growth, we are recruiting for two experienced full time Financial Planners – one in each of our offices.
The Financial Services Division provides a range of financial planning advice, services and access to products for companies and individuals including pensions, mortgages and life assurance.
The successful candidates will support the Head of Financial Services ensuring that they provide a superior financial planning service to individuals, families and small to medium size companies.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified to at least Level 4 (Diploma PFS) and either a CFP professional or Chartered with a minimum 5 years’ experience in an IFA in a similar role. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building productive working relationships within Shaw Gibbs and with clients
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge
- Working with high net worth clients with complex financial planning needs
- Crafting and documenting financial plans and regulatory advice
- Presenting Cashflow modelling to clients
- Developing business leads
What we can offer you
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- Flexible working
- An experienced Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance and help
- Friendly, supportive and fun team environment
- Light and airy, modern offices
- Generous holiday allowance plus the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Online Employee Retail Discount Scheme
- Contribution based pension scheme & life assurance
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
- Currently working in London or Oxfordshire
- Level 4 (Diploma PFS)
- 5 years’ experience in an IFA in a similar role
- Either a CFP professional or Chartered
- Able to work independently
- Fully fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
- Occasional travel to Oxford for team meetings and staff events
How to Apply