Corporate Tax Senior
Corporate Tax Senior + Flexible Working
Do you want to fast track your career within tax in a progressive firm bursting with talented staff you could learn and develop from? If so, we could have the perfect role for you. Shaw Gibbs is a growing and fast-paced Top 100 independent accountancy, tax, financial planning and insolvency practice operating across the Thames Valley, the Chilterns and London, as well as internationally as part of the DFK global association. We have a strong focus on innovation and industry best-practice, with our clients ranging from private clients to ambitious and high-growth owner-managed businesses and international subsidiaries.
We put our people first – you are the future of our business. We will develop your strengths, empower you to take more responsibility and help you carve a career path. Our culture is very important to us and is based on our company values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
We have ambitious growth plans and we are currently looking for a Corporate Tax Senior. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to fast track their career within tax.
This is a full-time permanent position with the option to work part of the week from home and it can be based in either our London office or our Oxford office.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and reviewing Corporate Tax returns
- Contacting clients and third parties to gather missing information
- Dealing with enquiries from HMRC
- Various ad hoc work including research projects
- Identifying tax planning opportunities
- Addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC
- Working closely with Partners, the Tax Manager and wider team to provide clear and concise tax advice, covering a range of technical issues. Such areas are likely to include: Loss relief, R&D tax relief, capital allowances, group reorganisations, shareholder reorganisations and employee share schemes.
- Assisting colleagues in other departments to help provide a high-quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities where necessary
What we can offer you
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
- If desired, a study support package for the CTA qualification
- Flexible working – work from home 2 days/week
- Immediate entry into our Management Development Programme
- A Partner level mentor
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Wellbeing & mental health activities
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- Spacious, recently refurbished offices
Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
- 2 years UK practice corporate tax experience
- ATT qualified or studying ACA, ACCA or CTA
- Experience working with a wide variety of industries and clients of varying turnover sizes
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience of using tax software is advantageous
- Able to manage own workload effectively
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information on what it is like working at Shaw Gibbs, visit our career page: https://www.shawgibbs.com/careers