Team Leader - Client Set Up
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Client Set-up SME provides subject matter knowledge and issues and escalation management in the assigned area of client billing and invoice creation. The candidate develops a thorough understanding of State Street’s business practices to effectively perform independent, complex platform configuration, data collection and analysis. Client/Fee schedule is very the most important function of GBO and have the direct impact on down stream process hence the role need eye for detail. Reporting to the Finance CoE Manager, the officer will be assigned to the Billing COE, working remotely alongside in-market team members to close a multitude of activities associated with client invoice generation and analytics of the assigned business units (BU).
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Interpretation of complex fee schedules for different businesses with different requirement, regular interaction with BU to understand the need of the business.
- Completion of high quality deliverables within the committed timeframe. Deliverables vary by BU focus but typically relate to;
- Analysis of new client revenue arrangements including engagement with local business units to validate instructions and understand client revenue intent
- Configuration of the client fee schedule in billing platform
- Collection of raw data used in the billing process including execution of data quality controls
- Engage with Billing Transformation PMO to convert new clients and evolve processes and controls based on learnings from converted clients
- Monthly revenue waterfalls
- Self-review of reporting & analytics deliverables for first pass accuracy and presenting analytical results, findings as needed
- General responsibility for particular fee schedule activities, such as fee schedule set-up and maintenance review.
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include evaluating the configuration, data and control environment for new clients converting to the environment
- Serves as a subject matter expert on a particular financial management matter
- Participates in or manages function specific projects as needed
- May develop and/or update various financial models to generate analyses
- Prepares reports and presentations packages. Interprets results for management.
- May provide guidance to less seasoned analysts
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/MBA-Finance with 6-8 years of progressive experience in Billing areas with major financial institutions
- Financial Planning & Analysis in a global setting
- Complex operational setting involving analysis of financial data
- Direct support to business or product line management / executives
- Financial services setting
- Experience with preparation of budgets for multi-national companies
- Multi-dimensional profitability (business, product, client)
- Project experience
- Variance analysis and reporting of insights
- Financial modelling
- Billing operations
- Revenue accrual
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Detailed orientated with ability to consistently and accurately execute against operational controls
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and demands of transition of new clients
- Must possess strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present financial results to financial and non-financial audiences at various levels of seniority
- Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Strong Analytical skill set
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- This is a visible role. Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills, and ability to present complex financial matters to management
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.