FAAS - Technical Accounting Advisory Group Manager - Open Location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
When our clients are facing complex finance and controllership issues, they look to us to get it right. Whether weighing the pros and cons of business transaction structure alternatives or tackling various technical accounting and financial reporting projects, we provide the answers to the important questions.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Manager in our Technical Accounting Advisory Group (TAAG) group, you will play a key role in that growth. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
As part of our Technical Accounting Advisory Group, you will help companies manage the complex financial and accounting issues relating to consolidation and joint ventures, IPOs, business combinations, compensation, revenue recognition, derivatives and hedging, debt vs. equity, SEC reporting, leases, and much more. This is a highly visible role allowing you to work with a broad set of clients across the US firm, interacting directly with our FAAS and audit teams and clients. This is a truly unique opportunity to learn technical accounting at a faster rate and deeper level.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. That means you’ll need to think on your feet and challenge existing practices to develop answers to complex issues. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our clients to benefit from our knowledge in other areas. Occasional travel may be necessary as you will be meeting with key clients, some of whom are the most respected in their fields.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consulting with clients on complex and technical accounting issues
- Collaborating with partners, senior managers and clients to influence strategy, balancing risk and client expectations
- Ensuring our engagement teams thoroughly understand our clients’ unique needs, ambitions and expectations
- Building relationships with colleagues across multiple service lines to provide seamless, integrated service
- Managing performance and identifying opportunities to improve our products and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree, CPA certification and at least 5 years’ work experience, preferably as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Exposure to or interest in complex technical accounting topics is a plus
- An understanding of marketplace, as well as commonly used terminology, processes and tools
- A proven record of excellence when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing colleagues
- The confidence to research and resolve emerging client issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. While technical accounting experience is a plus, we’re primarily interested in strong performers with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.