Transaction Diligence, Senior Associate
Our Strategy and Transaction (SAT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SAT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections,
identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. There is the opportunity for and likelihood of travel within ASEAN. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate/ Manager within the Transaction Diligence team, you will:
- Participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers
- Analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing accounting records and participating in interviews with management
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of professional audit experience, preferably with previous due diligence exposure
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia