Analyst - Capital and Provisioning
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks corporate, regional and agribusiness and small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance.
BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
Your team is comprised of Finance professionals, who provide cost management and capital management expertise and services to the Business Bank and Financial Services.
The activities of the role include:
- Performance reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial control including financial risk control
- Ad-Hoc analytics and financial assessments to deliver better outcomes for Finance and the Business
- Preparation and presentation of monthly performance reports for the BB Leadership Team and Group Finance, as required
Do work that mattersKey areas of impact & contribution include;
- Delivery of timely, accurate and insightful capital, loan impairment expense and cost reporting for the Business Bank
- Supporting the delivery of a robust financial control environment, including processing of manual journals, completion of monthly reconciliations in alignment with Group policies
- Half and full year end reporting including internal and external financial reporting
- Delivery of forecasting and budgeting of capital, provisioning and expenses
- Engagement with BB Finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Performance of ad-hoc analytics to deliver business-focused insight to drive timely decision-making by the Business Bank and its leadership team
- Identify and facilitate process improvement initiatives to enhance the control environment and improve the efficiency of operations.
- Analysis of profitability metrics including revenue, expenses and Loan Impairment Expense (LIE) and the impact of asset and liability growth on profitability metrics such as Profit After Capital Charge (PACC) and returns on capital such as Return on Equity (ROE) and Return on Target Equity (ROTE).
- Analysis of capital drivers and the impact on profitability metrics
- Risk Weighted Assets and Regulatory Capital analysis
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Commercial analytical ability and experience
- Knowledge of APRA prudential requirements, capital adequacy, credit and AASB 9 loan impairment expense would be an advantage
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- SQL, Alteryx and Tableau experience is an advantage
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 30/12/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.