Analyst - IB&M Business Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
The IB&M Finance Business Reporting Team is responsible for managing all client and product reporting for the IB&M business. The team provides daily aggregated P&L reporting, month end management information, budgeting and forecasting, as well as ad hoc analysis.
As a strong analyst, you will have the opportunity to add value to the business by producing timely, efficient and accurate reporting to the IB&M businesses.
Do work that matters
- Consolidation of monthly revenue and expense information for the IB&M businesses
- Assist with month end processes and submission of the flash to IB&M Finance Centre
- Provide in-depth analysis of various expense items
- Provide timely responses to ad-hoc business and IB&M Finance queries
- Providing a strong control focus including DQ reconciliations
- Develop a strong understanding of IB&M businesses
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process, including liaising with offshore counterparts and IB&M Centre Finance staff
- Develop and improve the format, structure and content of management information provided
- Understand and suggest improvements to the data collection and dissemination process
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA qualification
- Business related degree (commerce, economics, business, finance, accounting)
- Knowledge of the Institutional or Investment Banking industry
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Well-developed numeracy and analytical skills: identifying key issues, trends and themes
- Strong data analytics, MS Excel and SQL knowledge, highly desirable
- Good commercial acumen and attention to detail
- Understands business drivers to provide genuine business valued output and analysis
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/12/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.