Financial Services Supervisor - Business Services & Outsourcing
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons:
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success.
As a Supervisor you will be required to work closely and support senior members of our London based Financial Services team in the timely delivery of services.
You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of projects to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout projects. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
In this role you’ll:
- Review statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks
- Complete month end close procedures for larger more complex clients
- Review management accounts, VAT returns and payment runs prepared within the team.
- Tailor standard management reports to the specific reporting needs of the client.
- Monitor and review client financial date, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactively analyse client data and communicate directly with client e.g. current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Begin to prepare regulatory returns for Manager review
- Knows how finance and accounting functions and supporting technology can differ by industry and business structure, what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice
- Provide clients with advice on day to day accounting transactions and appropriate accounting treatment
- Identify opportunities to use add-on applications to improve business processing efficiency for the firm and the client
- Prepare standard KPI dashboards from the client’s accounting system, using templates
- Able to identify circumstances that require more specialist advice and bring in others as appropriate
- Prepare simple budgets for clients’ management purposes only by extrapolating last year’s data and making minor adjustments.
We’re looking forward to the future:
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth focussed. Across our 17 UK locations, we employ 6,000 people who work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services. Our EiC Resourcing function plays a critical role in making that happen. By ensuring our firm attracts and selects the highest quality and most diverse candidates to become our future leaders, they ensure we continue to generate revenue of $9bn worldwide.
We’ll help you succeed:
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Solid accounting knowledge with previous experience within outsourced accounting.
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Good knowledge of corporation tax, income tax, VAT, PAYE, company secretarial procedures and applications.
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory rules and returns preferable but not essential.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and use of all standard in house packages.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages.
We’re in it together:
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday.
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions.
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
access childcare vouchers;
take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future:
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.