Manager FP&A - Finance | AGTL | Karachi, Pakistan
Al-Ghazi Tractors Limited, the subsidiary company of Al-Futtaim group of Dubai, is a story of rollicking success. With consistent corporate achievements, the company is recognized for corporate excellence and “Best Corporate Performance”.
With its head office in Karachi, the AGTL plant at Dera Ghazi Khan, manufactures New Holland (Fiat) tractors in technical collaboration with CNHI - Case New Holland, the Number One manufacturer of agricultural tractors in the world. The AGTL plant, an icon of engineering dynamics operates on high efficiency. With Quality Control and Quality Assurance, quality improvement systems exist at every level. One of our mission statement reads: “Our most enduring competitive edge is the quality of tractors”.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
This position is responsible for overseeing the functions of the FP&A department and will be spear heading the Company`s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, statutory reporting, group reporting and special projects. He will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry comparisons, new business opportunities and other projects requested by senior management.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget analysis reports that provide meaningful insights into business performance.
- Compare forecasted budgets to financial actuals, identifying reasons behind department performance and results.
- Reviews financial and operational performance analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators and drives performance improvements.
- Coordinate with accounting team on month, quarter and year – end and ensure, on time month end closing activities & accurate financial reporting.
- Monitoring and analysis of GL for errors, adjustments and variances & coordination with relevant departments for timely setting of issues.
- Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances.
- Analysis of Direct & Indirect overheads against Budget & prior periods.
- Review of monthly Inventory & Receivables aging report in line with AF Policies.
- Analysis of model wise tractor cost for variances vs budget and prior periods.
- Monthly Balance sheet review with finance team to maintain balance sheet health check and ensure all key (high risk) areas are supported with schedules.
- Opening of new GL & Dimension code in system & align mapping with group COA.
Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Compilation of budget data from various depts., discussion with the departmental heads and CFO for final inclusion in budget.
- Preparation of annual financial budget i.e. PNL., Balance sheet & Cash flows based on above data, historic results and trends analysis.
- Preparation of quarterly forecast i.e. 3+9 Forecast, 6+6 Forecast & 9+3 Latest estimates based on YTD actual results & revised forecast for rest of the year.
- Preparation of Annual business plan for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Preparation and timely submission of ppt. presentation for the budget / forecast / LE as per the format prescribed by the group.
- Uploading of annual budget, quarterly forecast / latest estimates in SAP BPC and IFRP system as per group deadlines.
- Circulation of the approved budget to relevant departments ensuring that approved budgets are adhere to all times.
- Review and monitoring of all Capex spend requests, actual spend and forecast and ensure economics of our Capex projects is achieved.
- Review and circulation of Daily sales & supply chain performance reports to management & Board of Directors.
- Preparations of monthly management reporting pack and dashboard including monthly accounts, key performance KPIs, Variance & Market Analysis for effective management decision making.
- Improved overall financial reporting by streaming control processes and reporting.
- Preparation of other ad-hoc day to day reports as per management requirements.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards. Increase productivity by developing automated reporting / forecasting tools.
- Preparation of monthly group reports and ensuring compliance with group reporting instructions and deadlines.
- Pre-flash forecast to be prepared and reported by 21st of each month.
- Sales volumes to be reported on 1st working day of each month.
- Flash forecast to be prepared and reported on the 2nd working day of each month.
- Uploading of BI reports (P&L and BS), debtors & stock ageing, head counts and cash flow forecast in BI system i.e. 2nd working day of the month.
- Upload of Actual Trial balance in IFRP i.e. 2nd working day of the month.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements based on actual results on the 2nd working day of each month.
- Upload of monthly data in SAP BPC as per the timelines prescribed by the group.
- Review of quarterly, half yearly and annual financial statements to be provided to board and statutory auditors.
- Publication of companies Annual Report as per BCR criteria.
- Preparation of Financial analysis and graph for inclusion in annual report.
- Coordination with external auditors during the annual and half yearly review.
- Provision of final TB and draft financial statements as per the agreed timelines.
- Ensuring timely provision of required data / information / schedules from the finance team to the auditors.
- Discussion and resolutions of issues / queries / points rose during the audit / review.
Governance and Compliance
- Monitor & Ensure proper compliance of company policies in accordance with the DoA. And Escalate policy violations senior management.
- Propose improvements actions to strengthen internal controls and improve the efficiency of financial processes.
- Certified Chartered Accountant or good accounting degree from a professional body of Accountants
- 3 to 5 years of experience in similar role
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.