Part Qualified Accountant - VAT 9M FTC
Job Title: Part Qualified Accountant - VAT
Employment Basis: Full-time, 9 month contract
Office Location: Dublin, Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part qualified accountant to join our VAT team at Accenture! Our global finance teams work at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational, and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. Our Irish hub contains 300 finance team members, and we are continually expanding, providing a wide range of career opportunities. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
You will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams and Country Controller teams to manage the VAT compliance and reporting function for internal Accenture business. In addition to playing this key strategy and analysis role, you will lead, coach and develop a local team.
- Support the preparation & review of VAT returns, ESL & Intrastat as well as VAT GL reconciliations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of VAT rules and tools / applications supporting the VAT return process
- Participate in internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks
- Support the transition of VAT activities in country into a centralized VAT team
- Ensure that all reporting and deliverables are accurate and met on a timely basis
- Perform customer & vendor invoice compliance analysis and follow up on corrections
- Participate in training and collaborate with different internal teams to ensure VAT compliance
- Participate in team meetings and specific VAT review calls
- Strive to add value to current processes through automation, simplification & standardisation
- Support Manager and Specialists with queries, reporting and ad-hoc projects, ensuring internal controls are met
- Strong knowledge of VAT and Accounting Principles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Experience leading a process and co-ordinating tasks
- Team working skills
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standards
- Resourcefulness, solution focused and attention to detail
- Strong MS office skills, especially excel
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Professional tax qualification desirable, however VAT certificate and/or extensive VAT experience are highly considered.
- Experience in a tax and accounting environment working in VAT
Accenture’s extensive range of benefits for this position include paid overtime, annual performance bonus, paid professional association fees and or external study support and a hybrid working model. Employees also have the option to avail of private health insurance, company pension plan with matched contributions & a 15% discount on shares.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.