Finance Analyst Accounting Information Services
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Pension Funds Accounting Team will manage the accounting and administration for a number BOI Staff Pension Schemes, in conjunction with our outsourcing partner (Willis Towers Watson).
Purpose of the Role
The Bank of Ireland Group has taken the decision to outsource pensions accounting and administration effective Nov 2019. A retained Pension Funds Accounting Team will remain in place to oversee key outputs produced by our outsourcing partner (e.g. Pension scheme statutory accounts), and monitor performance of our outsourcing partner against agreed standards. In addition the team will retain responsibility for a number of deliverables which are not being outsourced (e.g. Professional fee budgeting).
- Support the relationship with our Pensions outsourcing partner to ensure deliverables continue to be completed in line with agreed standards.
- Responsible for review of key outputs from our outsourcing partner (e.g. scheme statutory accounts, IAS19 inputs to BOI Group accounts) to ensure customer deliverables are met.
- Responsible for the delivery of a number of retained tasks (e.g. professional fee budgeting) ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate.
- Build a strong working relationship with our outsourcing provider and our internal customers (e.g. Group Pensions).
- Presentation of information at Scheme Trustee meetings.
- Provide support to other areas in Bank of Ireland Finance (financial control teams, external reporting) when required, on the accounting for pensions.
- Responsible for the compilation of a number of regulatory returns (e.g. RPL, LEX) ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate.
What is the opportunity
The role will expose the successful candidate to pensions accounting for a number of Bank of Ireland Defined Benefit Pension schemes. This role offers excellent opportunity to interact and work with senior finance and HR stakeholders, as well as Trustees to the Schemes. The role also offers excellent opportunity to manage and develop an outsourcing relationship and to help shape the priorities and focus of the retained team.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Part qualified or Qualified accountant with strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way;
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Can do attitude, with the confidence to own and run with initiatives and bring own ideas/ perspectives
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- An understanding of pensions accounting
- Previous experience of a change process.
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.