Transactions Corporate Tax Advisory Manager
Our client base includes sole traders, small and medium sized businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships, large corporates and listed companies.
Our Tax advisory services team works across a range of routine tax compliance work to high end innovative tax planning solutions, covering all tax heads, such as business, corporate or personal tax, VAT, customs, Financial Services (FS), international tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Intellectual Property (IP), relevant contracts, Research and Development (R&D) and revenue audits and/or investigations.
For more information check out www.grantthornton.ie/service/tax
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager to work in our Transactions and Corporate Tax Advisory team advising innovative indigenous and outbound clients across diverse sectors on local and international corporate tax matters as the ever changing need to remain tax compliant continues at pace.
As a member of our team, you will be joining a high performance innovative team operating within a flexible and hybrid work environment fostering new ways of working in a collaborative team culture.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- manage a team providing tax services to a broad range of clients;
- building a rapport with clients and developing a clear and detailed understanding of their business and expectations;
- providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively and presenting solutions to complex technical issues;
- responsible for managing a corporation tax client portfolio including planning and performing tax consultancy assignments;
- demonstrate a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes, reviewing work afterward for learning points; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
Skills and attributes:
- CTA qualified (Legal/ACA/ACCA additional qualification preferred);
- minimum 3 – 4 years’ post qualification experience of working in a tax department (preferably on indigenous and outbound companies);
- strong technical knowledge including a thorough knowledge of corporate and capital taxes and relevant legislation;
- proven ability to identify opportunities for clients;
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team;
- managerial skills with the ability to manage compliance process and compliance staff;
- strong interpersonal skills are essential together with proven people development skills to support the development of the more junior staff;
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong attention to detail.
If you feel inspired to join a collaborative team focused on unlocking value for market leading clients apply now or contact Noreen.Davis@ie.gt.com for a confidential discussion on our exciting opportunities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.