Tax Services Manager - TPMO - Manager - EDGE
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SERVICES MANAGER - TPMO - MANAGER - EDGE - DALLAS, TX; SAN ANTONIO, TX; NASHVILLE, TN; CHICAGO, IL; CLEVELAND, OH; ATLANTA, GA; ALPHARETTA, GA; CHARLOTTE, NC
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our FSO Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities
Depending on the needs of the project and the clients supported some examples of key responsibilities would include identifying ways to improve operational effectiveness, reviewing process and controls that are in place including technology, looking at the effectiveness of the various technology tools currently used to increase automation, assessing the overall risk to establish a proper control environment; designing and building standard, efficient and effective processes. As a manager, you would be working with leadership to run these exciting and impactful initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong leadership ability, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identification and escalation of program and project-level risks and issues
- Understanding in conducting dependency analyses across an integrated workplan containing multiple workstreams or projects
- Ability to coordinate with functions outside of Tax
- Have the demonstrated proactive ability to team with and motivate others, and willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of relevant work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Exposure to the financial services industry, accounting/finance/tax, tax or finance performance improvement, tax software development and/or implementation
- CPA, JD, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and/or Project Management Professional “PMP” or the ability to get one of these certifications within 1 year from when you join EY
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience using MS Project and/or other project management tools
- Knowledge in implementing tax technology and/or other technology solutions (e.g., CorpTax, ONESOURCE, Sabrix, Vertex, SharePoint, PFI, RPA software)
- Knowledge of how to embed tax requirements into financial/business systems and processes (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, PAM, Investran)
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.