Transactions Corporate Tax Advisory Assistant Manager
The Grant Thornton Tax department is a growing team of over 200 specialists with deep industry, sector and technical knowledge.
Our client base includes sole traders, small and medium sized businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships, large corporates and listed companies.
Our Tax advisory services team works across a range of routine tax compliance work to high end innovative tax planning solutions, covering all tax heads, such as business, corporate or personal tax, VAT, customs, Financial Services (FS), international tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Intellectual Property (IP), relevant contracts, Research and Development (R&D) and revenue audits and/or investigations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Tax Manager to work in our Transactions and Corporate Tax Advisory team advising innovative indigenous and outbound clients across diverse sectors on local and international corporate tax matters as the ever changing need to remain tax compliant continues at pace.
As a member of our team, you will be joining a high performance innovative team operating within a flexible and hybrid work environment fostering new ways of working in a collaborative team culture.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Working as a member of our tax team will involve a diverse range of responsibilities including but not limited;
- Involvement in managing corporation tax compliance services including liaising with clients and staff on clients respective tax filing obligations;
- Researching tax technical matters in regard to Irish tax legislation and international tax developments and assisting senior management in planning and performing of tax consultancy and transactions assignments;
- Assisting with tax due diligence projects along with pre and post-sale tax restructuring;
- Assisting on new proposals;
- Mentor and coach trainees; and demonstrate a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes, reviewing work afterward for learning points.
Skills and attributes
Minimum required skills and attributes will include
- TA qualified (Legal/ACA/ACCA additional qualification preferred);
- minimum 1-2 years’ post qualification experience of working in a tax department (preferably on indigenous and outbound companies);
- a thorough knowledge of corporate and capital taxes and relevant legislation;
- experience of tax consultancy work an advantage;
- experience of Alphatax software an advantage;
- confidence in dealing with clients and other stakeholders, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills; and
- strong attention to detail.
If you feel inspired to join a collaborative team focused on unlocking value for market leading clients apply now or contact Noreen.Davis@ie.gt.com for a confidential discussion on our exciting opportunities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.