SEA - Business Advisory (CoE) - Senior
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
About the Deloitte Southeast Asias business advisory service team
We are regional team of experienced advisory professionals operating in multiple countries across Southeast Asia in providing a range of services including the following:
- Providing advice on accounting for complex transactions;
- Implementing new financial reporting requirements;
- Advising, planning and executing finance transformation initiatives (e.g. financial reporting process improvements, implementation of financial close tools etc);
- Providing advice on certain aspects of post-merger integrations (accounting policy alignment, streamlining of finance functions etc);
- Preparing of statutory and XBRL converted financial statements; and
- Supporting client finance functions.
- Performing centralised function to improve and standardising processes throughout the whole region
Work you'll do
Deloitte Southeast Asias Regional Centre of Excellence (CoE) is set up as centre that sets, drives and monitors the implementation of strategic initiatives to our advisory practices across Southeast Asia by, inter-alia, providing thought leadership, building up eminence and supporting our delivery teams in each practice.
You will be reporting to Deloitte Southeast Asia advisory leader to:
- Perform research on various topics, including matters related to future trends and opportunities in the advisory space. This include topics on financial reporting and finance transformation.
- Assist in developing and rolling out initiatives with the objective of achieving long term sustainable growth for the advisory business in Southeast Asia.
- Drawing up thought leadership materials, delivery templates, marketing collaterals etc including roll-out across the various practices across Southeast Asia.
- Tracking each practices progress in the implementation of initiatives, KPIs, remediating performance gaps etc.
- Planning and executing eminence activities across Southeast Asia.
You may also be called upon to execute advisory engagements from time to time.
Location & Offer
This is a permanent full time position based at Malaysia. There is an attractive package on offer for the right candidate commensurate with experience
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
To qualify for the role, it is preferred if you have the following:
- A Certified/Chartered Accountant qualification
- Previous business advisory experience coupled with some auditing experience (an advantage)
- A deep understanding of finance functions in large organisations
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and close processes
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Big 4 experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills including good consultative and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from different cultures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and drive to deliver high quality outcomes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with developed coaching and mentoring capability
- Experience in giving and receiving of feedback as part of the performance review process with the ability to support in the development of personal development plans
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing yourself and others
- Ability to see the bigger picture and how your role and the CoE links with Deloitte global initiatives
- Ability to think strategically and how changes/decisions impact other areas of activity and other parts of the organisation
- Willingness to travel medium to extensive within Southeast Asia
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.