Fund Accounting - Associate 2
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
- Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting NAV, SEC yields, cash movements, distributions, corporate actions, bank loans, processed transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed
- Support the review and validation of data as needed, e.g. fund Net Asset Values, etc. as well as distribute information to Shared Services and Client Operations teams
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with clients when necessary
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Maintain appropriate records of daily and monthly activities
- Support the production of financial, performance and/or quality reports for client, shareholder, director and management as needed
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Prepare and verify information for various projects/special requests as directed
- Support training of new hires as necessary
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Novice to Competent with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Technical or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Location: Mumbai – multiple shifts available
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Some understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.