AIS Fund Admin Manager, Officer
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for overseeing several teams and ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Fund administration. They are also responsible for team development and staff management, including the interview and hiring process and also performance review and assessment. . In addition the Officer will also be involved with and drive projects such as the provision of management reporting, BCP and Risk initiatives, as well as ad hoc project work with the objectives of enhancing client satisfaction or wining operational efficiencies.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting, Officer you will
- Plans, schedules, and manages the daily workflow of one or more client relationships;
- Professionally review 6 processes, including bookkeeping, capital call/ distribution package (schedule/ notices/ driver report), financial statements (balance sheet/ income statement/ schedule of investment and other required financial statements), bank reconciliation, partners’ capital account statements, client reports (audit confirmation, deal slip, LP reports, cash ledger, LP register, etc.)
- Facilitates the successful start-up of new funds and conversion of new clients. Ensures thorough, proper planning;
- Monitoring team daily operations, be able to aware of potential risks and make improvement of the process; professionally organize 1:1 meeting with team members; work closely with manager and timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions; confidently and efficiently communicate with home site, maintain good relationship with home site;
- Be able to professionally resolve issues and provide help to colleagues, maintain the healthy relationship within the team;
- Monitor the deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables; be able to flexibly arrange work among the team;
- Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as makes recommendations for changes;
- Ensures all personnel are appropriately selected, thoroughly trained and given timely and complete performance evaluation feedback;
- Develop internal training classes with the training liaison;
- Maintains positive relationships with home site;
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals;
- Other special projects or tasks assigned;
What we value:
This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Candidates must have a college degree (business, accounting, economics, mathematics, finance and at least 5 years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accounting background is preferred;
- Familiar with PE/RE funds and market;
- 5+ years’ experience in Fund Accounting; big four/ fund house / accounting firm work experience is preferred;
- CPA/ ACCA a plus (at least in processing);
- Candidates with long periods at the same companies;
- Strong English and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented, owner’s mindset, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required;
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills;
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.