Financial Services Risk - Actuarial Executive - Dublin
Actuarial – Executive Position – FS Consulting
EY’s Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 1400 actuarial professionals covering over 150 countries, ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world.
In Europe we have over 650 actuarial professionals across 17 countries. In a unique structure, by partnering with other practices across Ernst & Young and being part of one team, we aim to provide truly integrated services across all disciplines in Insurance, Risk and Financial Services.
Through our knowledge of the local general insurance market, global (re)insurance industry, and our understanding of business needs of our clients, we have built a strong reputation as a leading actuarial and insurance advisor, offering broad and diverse opportunities to our employees.
In Dublin, our actuarial team offers a wide range of both life and non-life advisory and audit services. Our practice is currently undergoing a period of rapid expansion and we are currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious student actuary to cope with growing demand for actuarial services.
We work closely with the actuarial teams in both the UK and across Europe, and often on multi-service line engagements with our Risk, Assurance and Performance Improvement consultancy colleagues.
We offer a wide range of services, providing a mix of advisory and assurance assistance to clients on:
- IFRS 17
- Regulatory reporting
- Financial and actuarial transformations
- New company authorisations
- Internal model approval support
- Reinsurance & capital management
- Financial reporting
- Enterprise Risk Management
Your key responsibilities
- The successful candidate will work as part of our growing Non-Life actuarial team on a diverse range of client engagements. They will be responsible for producing high-quality outputs, helping to meet the needs of our clients in a timely fashion.
- They will possess and continue to develop core technical actuarial skills, supplemented by general consulting skills through a combination of on-the-job training, coaching and formal learning.
- They will promote learning and knowledge sharing across the project team and the department.
- They will look to develop their EY network through working on multi-disciplinary projects across different service lines.
- The role may also provide some opportunities to travel to assist other EY offices as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
- A degree in maths/statistics/actuarial
- Good progress with Actuarial exams
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Awareness of the challenges facing the insurance industry
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills both in written and oral format
- Focus on deadlines, discipline and process, yet flexible and pragmatic
- Professional attitude and demeanour
- Confident dealing with clients.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Study package to complete actuarial exams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.