Procedure & Controls Review - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
The position requires leading and collaborating with other team members to perform process and control design reviews on high risk rated critical business processes. This includes performing walkthroughs with business unit management and subject matter experts, developing process flows, identifying areas of risk, reviewing procedures in place, identifying control weaknesses and opportunities for process improvements. Evaluation of the control design and operating effectiveness of the end to end process to be performed to ensure operational and compliance risks are appropriately mitigated, and regulatory obligations are met.
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Delivery Business Risk Management Team. BRM is the first line of defense team and works with business to establish the core risk management principles.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Implement and Perform process and control design reviews in line with State Street Framework including documentation of process maps, RCMs, Control design and effectiveness testing.
- Maintain, and oversee a comprehensive system of controls to identify, mitigate, and address potential business and operations risks. The systems of controls must encompass operational controls to prevent and mitigate operating losses and reputational risk;
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work on MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Post Graduate/ Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Risk Management or equivalent experience preferred
- 11 to 12 years of experience in Risk Management and Governance space
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.