Data Analytics Manager, Vice President
Corporate Audit Data Analytics Team
Within Corporate Audit, our Data Analytics (DA) team works collaboratively with our stakeholders to manage project delivery of data analytics in all aspects of design and delivery of analytics solutions. DA is integrated into the audit function and assists in leveraging data as an asset throughout the audit lifecycle.
We are looking for a Boston-based Data Analytics Manager to drive the design, development, and execution of audit analytics projects. Managers are aligned to and integrated with the business and technology audit teams covering specific core State Street businesses. Each Manager is responsible for managing the full portfolio of analytics within these audit groups, including audit plan support, continuous auditing initiatives, and reusable analytic reports and tools.
Data Analytics Manager
- Establishes relationships with business and integrated audit stakeholders within Corporate Audit to meet the operational and analytics needs of the organization.
- Advises Corporate Audit stakeholders on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements analytical business and technology solutions to support audit and innovation initiatives.
- Develops in-depth subject-matter-expertise in understanding key strategic data sources and data lineage within the organization and effectively leverages knowledge to derive meaningful audit data analytics results.
- Collaborates with business and technology stakeholders across the firm to stay abreast of changes to the data architecture and source new data for use in Audit Analytics.
- Works with members of the Infrastructure and ETL teams to onboard new data sources for periodic refresh and reuse in audits or continuous auditing initiatives.
- Effectively uses knowledge of statistics and data sciences to drive a scientific approach to auditing and analytics.
- Provides technical mentorship and training to auditors across all levels.
- Stays abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to State Street.
- Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Master's degree in an analytical field such as Statistics, Data Science, MIS, Engineering, Math, Accounting, or Finance
- 8 – 10 years analytics, application or reporting development experience with exposure to analytics tools such as PC SAS, Enterprise Guide, SQL, Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau, or Spotfire as well as experience with Unix and/or Perl shell scripting to develop client analytics solutions.
- Programming experience with analytic languages such as SAS, R or Python; working experience with large and diverse RDBMS OLTP or OLAP data stores, such as Oracle, SQL Server, or Teradata.
- Exposure to Big Data initiatives such as Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, or large data warehousing initiatives a plus.
- Solid Knowledge in security lending and FX trading business; experienced in credit risk, counterparty credit risk and market risk management.
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple / concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Hold certification in one of the following is a plus: SAS Certification, ACDA, CAP, CCP, CIA, CISA, CFE.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.