BRM Margin and Capital Optimiser – Associate / Vice President
3193390 - BRM Margin and Capital Optimiser – Associate / Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) is a division within the Institutional Securities Group (ISG) responsible for:
- Securities financing transactions (repo and securities lending)
- Hedging of OTC derivative counterparty exposures
- Central clearing (CCP) strategy
- Global collateral management
This is accomplished through the sourcing, pricing, and distribution of resources. BRM’s centralized framework ensures efficiency, optimal use of resources and maximum returns
Increased financial regulation and the need to provide resource optimization, including margin and capital, have pushed banks to expand the portion of trades that clear through Central Counterparties (CCPs). In this context, the Resource Optimization team is responsible for all cleared and uncleared House activity for all Firm cash, derivative and securities financing transactions, providing enhanced capital efficiency (Leverage, RWA) and funding (margin) management. These efficiencies create additional capacity for ISG business to grow and generate improved returns. Additionally, the team consults and advises CCPs on new product development and serves as an industry leader to expand clearing and create capacity for the Firm’s clients.
- Assess risk and margin requirements on new trades (cleared and UMR)
- Devise and execute optimization strategies via clearing house switches, backloading and other strategies
- Provide trading desks with daily initial margin commentary across various asset classes (credit, commodities, equities, FX, and rates)
- Evaluate risk and margin model requirements / deficiencies of existing and upcoming CCP connections
- Engage with the CCPs as the Morgan Stanley point of contact for structuring new products across the product spectrum (Equities, Fixed Income, and Commodities)
- Partner with internal groups on strategic optimization strategy and communicate achievements through metrics
- Provide industry leadership and advocacy engagement for clearing related regulatory initiatives, engaging ISDA, FIA, global regulatory bodies, and other industry associations
- Experience and ability to manage multiple projects
- Understanding of central clearing landscape: products, process, programs
- Trading knowledge of outright, derivative, and/or SFT products
- Risk management experience; related to CCPs a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting policy and capital metrics
- Front office experience preferred
- Experience with quantitative work either through market modelling, model analytics, and desk strategies a plus
- Understanding/experience in programming languages a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial instinct and the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Strong technical abilities to understand margin and risk management methodologies
- Structuring skills additive given the scope of the products the group covers as well as the increasing expansion of products to be cleared
- High level of focus on work quality, attention to detail and completion
- Highly motivated and hard working
- Previous trading/risk management experience
- BMA degree required or equivalent
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.