Vice President - Billing Lead
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Billing AIS Lead will be responsible for all aspects of the Invoice billing process, Client Setup and Business Liaison. This includes Invoice raising, Setup up and maintenance of clients on the billing systems and handling and resolving queries/projects across State Street AIS global businesses spread across countries & regions.
The AIS Lead will manage a large team with a complex engagement model on a day-to-day basis. The individual will be directly responsible for daily management of accurate, consistent, and timely invoice deliverables. This individual will provide subject matter expertise in invoice preparation, unbilled data, client service responses and all projects and reviews related to AIS. The AIS Lead will also be responsible for managing the control requirements and escalation management related to this business.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts.Responsibilities:-
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
General responsibility for all operational activities related to AIS
- End-to-end responsibility for a major group of the billing process: Invoice preparation, Client Set up and Business Liaison responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the teams to achieve global consistency and effectiveness in controls; accurate, quality work; and transparency into activities and results. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility
- Develop the team to adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Manage resources to assist with ad-hoc projects
- Measure progress toward goals, and evaluate productivity and team efficiency. Review and assess regularly with team members and with management
- May serve as a subject matter expert on any related issues
- Coaches the team and gathers feedback for performance appraisals
- Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Assist with the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation efforts for the process
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, CPA Qualified with an experience minimum of 13 to 16 years working with complex operations preferably in a billing function at a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out the Billing function for multiple geographies and business areas
- Experience assisting with re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.