Senior Business Analyst - Power BI
- Pilot and embed innovative solutions for Planning & Appraisal team that leverage new technologies to make PAR delivery more efficient and effective
- Contribute to preparation of the annual Business Plan and related assessments to together ensure a sound submission, including operational, economic and financial KPIs
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding and resolution of underlying issues within the Results and Plan
- Responsible for MI Repository of the respective businesses and implementation of fit for purpose MI.
- Identify opportunities in the Businesses on new solutions that could be deployed to create efficiencies, provide insights and contribute to Touchless MI Strategy
- Working with LT and Extended LT of each of the R&A Business leads in understanding their priorities and Leveraging the BI Team to deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Provide ad-hoc deep dive analysis on KPI performance that utilizes the individuals deep understanding of the interactions of core financial indicators and their relationship to the underlying business
- Coordinating the delivery of complex sets of PAR products in a matrix environment and identifying then implementing opportunities to standardize / make linkages between these deliverables.
- Building a funnel of technical automation solutions that will drive PAR efficiency and leading projects to ensure their successful implementation.
- The nature of the PAR process does result in periods of peak workload and all team members are expected to contribute and demonstrate flexibility, so that all key milestones are met, and deliverables submitted.
- University degree in a IT/finance related discipline
- Experience with continuous improvement (especially Lean) and change management is important and will be developed
- Mindset to drive true global standards in a customer centric way
- Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills.
- Professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA - or demonstrate recent progress to obtaining your qualification.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Strong communication skills, and ability to complex raw data into understandable key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.